Thursday, August 13, 2009

Red Meat


Hubby is a red meat eater, which I have adopted for some time now. While preparing our baon this morning, Yaya told me that my sister is bothered by our eating habits. Beef is bad for everyday consumption daw. Due to their concern, I researched about the health effects of Red meat and I found out the following:

1. researches sited that red meat could cause higher risk to cancer. Some linked breast cancer, colon / stomach cancer, lymphoma, bladder cancer and prostate cancer to red meat.

2. Saturated fats from beef can lead to Cardiovascular disease.

3. others could be, diabetes, hypertension, bone loss and arthritis.

Maybe I should start serving fish and veggies for our baon very soon. Pork is a no - no for hubby to be, sayang masarap pa nman ang liempo. At our age, we should WATCH what we eat.


Deliberate before you chew.



photo taken from: www.alleghenymeadows.com/images/beef_cuts.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment